Step into The Hot Zone - Where love is worth any sacrifice
Sunday, October 29, 2006 Catching up.....


Yes, ignored the blogger again this week, but I had good reason. No, really! lol It's been a hectic week, starting with last weekend.

As I blogged earlier, I was heading to New Orleans for K-Con and to meet a few friends I have known for years online but finally had the chance to meet. I would have blogged like mad about that alone, but my friend Jenn was infinitely more humorous about it, so I left it up to her. Have a gander. While comedy has been liberally injected throughout, 99.8% of this is true.

http://jennaleighsworld.blogspot.com/2006/10/new-orleans-i-went-i-saw-i-walked-all.html

Now the real reason I missed blogging this past week besides Monday was shot to bits after a drive from NOLA back to Wisconsin that didn't let me finally get to sleep until 6:30 in the morning.

While at the conference enjoying the friends and fun, a chance of a lifetime dropped into my lap. I won't go into too many details because I don't really know if I should, but suffice it to say, I have a chance to send my Templar series idea and the first novel to one of the NY publishing houses. I didn't go to NOLA to pitch any ideas. I went to socialize. But this happened and I snatched up the opportunity.

Sooooo, this past week, I have been slicing and dicing and editing and putting the beginnings together of a whole pitch package to send off. I have set a deadline of the second week in November to have it all on it's merry way to New York where I will wait patiently and write like the dickens on Adrian et al. Even if it's rejected, I am not going to mind. I never expected this opportunity, but it will be a lesson learned either way.

Right now, I'm nervous and scared as hell over this, but what doesn't kill you makes you more determined. lol I know eventually my Templars will see the light of day somewhere. This just makes me more motivated to sit down and truly get down to work. Heaven knows I've got about a dozen scenes already that need%

Posted by Charissa :: 8:33 AM :: 2 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------