Step into The Hot Zone - Where love is worth any sacrifice
Thursday, October 12, 2006 Black hole everything



That is what my brain feels like right now. Actually, I can't really say that, but I did listen to Black Hole Sun sung by this hottie above and it tripped what a friend of mine affectionately calls Writer's ADD.

I spent the good portion of a drive home from picking up my daughter after a volleyball game bouncing from character to character in WIPs I have going as well as starting plots for two more. This, in just 20 minutes.

The song inspired three posts for a RPG loop I belong to. Song lyrics are a great inspiration for me. Then, it was off to werewolf land where I swear this full moon fading has tripped them off in my brain. Two more outlines and four more characters. I never ever planned to write a werewolf, I am not really in much of a hurry to get back to the RPG loop. Yet, thanks to Chris Cornell and Soundgarden, guess what I'll be doing tonight.

Off to the Sci Fi Channel and Nathan from the show Eureka. I saw him in a rerun episode of Crossing Jordan a few weeks ago, then discovered him on Eureka. Guess who is the face of one of the were's I swear I would never write.

Back to my Templars. Rene, the hero of my second book played out an entire scene in my head, starting with meeting the future heroine and starting a bar brawl where he nearly sets a guy on fire. When Rene pipes up, Niall, the hero of the third usually offers me flashes of his future to boot. Thank goodness Adrian the first of my Templars is simmering nicely.

On to the cast of characters in a trilogy that I am working on called Catalyst. Natiel, my angel from book two offered me the scene where he meets Kiki the central character in this trilogy. I now know he's going to smell like black currant scones and fresh honey and his wings will be grey instead of pearly white. I even have the explanation plotted out.

Oh, I have to say my brain is reeling right now. I feel like I can't keep up and with a half dozen other things to do write now, having a full symphony of characters piping up and singing out their tunes isn't exactly helping matters. I dont need coffee tonight. I am buzzing on ideas and my hands are typing fast enough without caffeine adding to the mix.

AMEX's recent commercial with Andy Roddick vs PONG has nothing on what's bouncing back and forth in my brain. Now some would say this is a good thing, but it's driving me a bit batty. I like to focus on one thing, finish as much as I can and move on. I want to have something done here soon to submit. I haven't done that in months and I don't want to slow that down. I know I won't until I am more than sure I like what I've written (and that is another blog post in itself) but I can't get much done in that respect until one of my characters knocks the rest aside and tells me it's time to get back to work on his/her story.

I think my muse is throwing a Rave party in my head. Yeah, that's the ticket. Well at least she has come back from her secret rendezvous with a few of my guys. Anyhow, here is to hoping your muse prefers one on one time and it triggers inspiration for whatever you plan on doing in the near future.

Posted by Charissa :: 7:37 PM :: 1 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------